Gravity is Optional
This is an interesting illusion where one ring appears to fall to the bottom of a long chain.
You want to use heavy keyrings - the light weight ones do not work as well.
I get mine from from Walmart -
40 for $5, 2022
- just use 30 per chain.
I started out combining the rings in sets of 2 .. like both videos suggest.
Videos on how to make your own set.
I quickly abandoned this and used a simpler method
where I looped a single ring thru 3 at a time.
I found this much easier to do, but perhaps a lot harder to explain.
- Create a simple chain of 3 rings
- Grab the middle ring so that the other 2 hang at the bottom
- Place a single ring next to the 2 .. and loop another single ring thru all 3
At this point, you will get the same 18.104.22.168 configuration shown in both videos
- Manipulate the rings, as shown in both videos, to get the 1.2.2 configuration
- Place an additional single ring next to the 2 on the bottom and loop yet another single ring thru all 3
- Repeat this until only 1 ring is left and loop it thru the 2 on the bottom